Monday, July 11, 2011

The AMAZEing Mayzie!







I realized the other day that I have been doing a lot of blogging about our family adventures but haven't written much about our precious baby girl and all the exciting things she's up to!! I am trying to ignore the fact that she will be ONE in a few weeks...this year has absolutely flown by and I am not ready to be able to tell people her age with one syllable...sniff sniff. Anyways...our baby girl is an EATER! I really think that if I kept feeding her she would eat until she threw up...which I think some of you out there have seen happen unfortunately!! ha!! She's got a new obsession with corn and LOVES spaghetti (note the picture on the right). She also LOVES feeding her Daddy anything that's on her 'plate'. And what a wonderful Daddy he is because he eats whatever she offers him...I on the other hand...do not. He does draw the line sometimes but I think the worst she's offered was mushy banana with cheese...and he ate it...I know try not to throw up, I have more to say.



She is into EVERYTHING these days!!! We officially babyproofed last week, well...we put latches on cabinets. Now we need a second gate for the bottom of the stairs because she (with the help of her future Kindergarten teacher...)climbed all the way up them on Sunday! She loves helping me with things around the house, especially loading the dishwasher (see above). I was worried for a while that she wouldn't crawl but she's really gotten it down in the last two months!!


So I found her like this, probably middle of June, and melted. How could you not??? Look at that face??? Anyways...she's on her knees here but I knew pulling up would happen very soon SO we lowered the crib that weekend and low and behold...



My sweet baby girl looks SO grown up!!!! She's always been long but now she's TALL! She's pulling up on everything she can and I love it because it makes her so happy!!! Not all that interested in walking just yet...she's moving along furniture at a slow pace though! I know she'll get it soon...again though, not sure I'm ready for it. She has 5...yes 5 teeth now and I'm pretty sure her molars are coming in. How do I know you ask???

Because this is how I found her early one morning last week! She usually wakes up happy in the morning but those teeth are tough!! I had my phone with me and had to get a quick picture of that face because even when she's crying I think she's the cutest thing in the whole world!!! (Don't worry...I scooped her up as soon as I snapped the picture!)



I uploaded a video below with some of her new 'tricks'. Yes we do feel like we are training a dog but I don't care...I'm pretty amazed at how quick she catches on to things. In addition to the 'phone answering'((it's a remote in the video...anything resembling a phone she 'answers'), 'touchdown' and 'sticking out the tongue' tricks in the video she's pretty good at waving and clapping and usually says 'mama' and 'dada' for us too!! We could not be more proud of our sweet, smart little girl and are trying to savor every moment!!



2 comments:

  1. i love getting to watch her grow up! miss you and hope you are doing well! love ya turkey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this and I love you! So glad I found your blog, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete