Monday, June 27, 2011

A Very Proud Niece


Owen's brother Evan leaves for his year deployment in Afghanistan tomorrow. We are having some mixed emotions at our house today. So incredibly proud of Evan and his choices to put his life on hold and at risk to keep our family safe and comfortable in this wonderful country of ours but also worried for his safety. We have complete confidence in our Father's plan but can't help but be anxious for his return in December and then in June.




Owen's mom Janie, Evan and his sweet girlfriend Kelsey all came and visited us over Memorial Day weekend. We had WAY too much food and so much fun just hanging out around Hendersonville. I even tried out one of my Pinterest recipies (with Uncle Evan's help of course)...bacon pancakes...so easy and fun and DELICIOUS! One of my favorite things we did was have a picnic at Saunders Ferry Park. Evan put Mayzie on his shoulders and she did NOT stop laughing for probably 20 minutes as we walked around the park. I'm terrible at remembering to take pictures and so mad at myself for not getting a group one. We'll have to put that on the list for when he's home in December. I know Mayzie doesn't understand any of this now but someday I know that she will proudly brag about her strong and bwave Uncle Evan who's in the awmy (is it weird that I hope she can't say her r's?). Please keep Evan and ALL our soldiers in your prayers and remember this upcoming Fourth of July what our freedom costs. We love you Evan!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment